Apply To Work With Us
Alair in West Seattle
The Retail Specialist assists with the day-to-day operations of the business and serves as the highest-level leader of the store when the owner is not available. The Retail Specialist supports Alair’s vision by providing exceptional customer care and personalized shopping experiences and building meaningful customer relationships. The Retail Specialist follows merchandising standards; and maintains a clean, organized, and fully stocked floor.
This is a part-time position reporting directly to the owner.
Please submit resume and related materials to email@example.comAttn: Shandon – please NO phone calls or in person applications
Alair is a gift shop in West Seattle between the Junction and Admiral neighborhoods. We specialize in unique and small batch gifts with an emphasis on locally made goods and companies that give back. We are proud to be part of the West Seattle community and are honored to provide a fun shopping experience. Alair opened in December of 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet, assist, and engage customers
- Accurately process transactions
- Maintain a knowledge of current stock and location in store
- Be able to address customer questions, requests, and concerns in a professional manner that represents the brand
- Observe and anticipate customer needs
- Complete daily shift list and maintain a clean and organized floor
- Restock displays as needed
- Keep open and frequent communication about the needs of the store
- Assist in event planning as needed
- Open/Close store when shift applies
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Must have at least 2 years customer service and retail experience. Boutique, merchandising, and small business experience highly preferred.
- Must have basic math skills and prior experience handling currency
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to act with integrity and professionalism
- Must be able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in an organized manner
- Must be able to effectively work independently and as part of a team, as necessary
- Must have flexibility to work various shifts. Weekday and Weekend availability is required.
- Preference to candidates with experience in visual merchandising
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.